The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) is the largest freshwater ecology research institute in Germany. It is a member of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. and the Leibniz-Association (www.wgl.de). The FVB manages 8 large research institutes in Berlin that have close links to all three universities in the German capital. IGB offers excellent laboratory and field facilities for interdisciplinary research, large-scale experimental facilities, and long-term research programs and data sets.
IGB invites applications for a post-doctoral researcher in aquatic ecology (m/f/d). The position is available from 1 April 2020 and limited to 2 years. An extension for another year is principally possible.
Duties and responsibilities
- Multi-species size spectrum modelling
- Development of length-based indices to characterize freshwater fish communities
- Multivariate statistical analyses of the European dataset of fishes in lakes
- PhD in ecology, limnology, fisheries biology or in a related field
- MSc and scientific education in natural sciences
- Knowledge and experience with coding and programming
- Good command of univariate and multivariate statistical approaches
- Experience with spatially explicit datasets and respective analytical tools